Hannah Van Brimer
2 months ago
What a fever dream of a film. I have never been more confused and interested at the same time. The fact that the whole time the African American people were hypnotized and in the "sunken place", but they were actually one of the white family members of Rose's Family. The plot twist of the grandpa taking Josh at the beginning, but then at the end of the movie Chris uses the grandpa's car to get away.
-Loved the concept through and through
- I loved how I was always interested and wanted to know more.
- The way they set up the ending of the movie was great: from meeting all of the white family Chris noticed the attributes that each member wanted slowly but surely. How the grandma wanted beauty, grandpa to be fast, and so on.
- Loved the way they played "Bingo" but it was really whoever won got to take Chris' body.
- It's a movie you have to watch twice which I love.
- I liked how everyone liked Rose, but then she was actually the master manipulator.
-I liked how Chris escaped by putting the cotton from the sofa in his ears.
- I liked how the African American woman started crying in front of Chris when he made a comment because she was in control of only her eyes like the others.
- I wish the hypnotized woman and men would snap out of it from Chris and live, but they killed them off which was upsetting.
-Never had a finished storyline to the guy who told Chris to get out other than him being abducted.
-The ending was anti-climactic in a way because you thought it would be more of a struggle to get out of the house. I thought he would flash the camera at the African American people and they would snap out of It and help.
-Rose was kind of annoying throughout, but that has nothing to do with it.
-I wish the ending was longer because the buildup is so much for such a short ending.
Overall: 4 out of 5 stars
3 months ago
Chris va a conocer a los padres de Rose, su novia. Al principio se muestran encantadores, si bien un tanto nerviosos. Chris supone que se debe a que él es negro, pero un poco más tarde descubre que sus suegros ocultan un secreto espeluznante.
3 months ago
So the beginning of this I screamed out loud several times and thought I was in for a RIDE. Seriously the bit when the grandma runs at you is full on terrifying. But then it just gets ridiculous- and a super far fetched plot that seems to go too fast and doesn’t really make any logical sense.
4 months ago
This movie has a good message, apart from draggy scenes once you let to know the story line you will be pulled down with a feel of how to escape this moment! Such a great movie with some drags! A feel good movie if you need a thriller.
Funny, scary, and thought-provoking, Get Out seamlessly weaves its trenchant social critiques into a brilliantly effective and entertaining horror/comedy thrill ride.
4 months ago
This is a smart movie. It was keep going into deeper levels with nice twists and everything felt so original.
I wasn’t expecting much but at the end it left me satisfied both intellectually and emotionally.
If you haven’t watched this yet! Trust me you are missing a big deal here 💯
8 months ago
What an fantastic debut for a film that I will most definitely come back to. The only reason why it’s not 10/10 is because the ending felt kinda rushed but it’s still very thrilling.
A young African-American visits his white girlfriend's parents for the weekend, where his simmering uneasiness about their reception of him eventually reaches a boiling point.
A great watch and the gradual building really brings you in to the story. I was worried to watch at first thinking it may have been hype but it really lives up to the acclaim.
Morten Veith Schroeder
2 years ago
I was captivated by the first 60 min sitting at the edge of my seat but just did not find the ending satisfactory! Felt like they rushed through it! Ruined an otherwise awesome plot