not many mcu fans like this movie (or that i’ve come across i guess) but i absolutely loved it. okay maybe i’m being a bit biased as i love ben but i can’t help it.
1 month ago
I liked Mister Doctor Strange's back story and how his power comes from spirituality in a way ✌️
Also enjoyed the visuals of the *magic*, although did not appreciate the inception-esque city battles 🤢
Mads is always great but I felt like his character lacked depth so it's a shame we didn't get to see more of him 🙁
Overall I would say it is a solid 7/10 superhero film
2 months ago
I hadn't seen it in a while, but I have to say it was better than I remembered it. It is very different from all the other Marvel Universe Films in the sense that they start to introduce the multiverse, something that has not been explored in any other movie. This one definitely focuses more on the supernatural and "magical" than the other films which are more "grounded" in the more traditional superhero world.
Benedict Cumberbatch was a great casting choice. I think where Marvel has really shined is in casting their superheroes. They have 99% of the time nailed it. And in the case of Doctor Strange, it was no different.
I am very excited to see the sequel and see how they evolve the character of Chiwetel Ejiofor.
Hannah Van Brimer
2 months ago
I would have to say that Dr. Strange is on of my favorite movies in the MCU a.k.a in my top 5. Great visuals, cast, and overall well done. I have seen this movie countless of times and I cannot wait to watch it again before the 2nd installment comes out. Also I finally figured out that at the end when he bargains with the evil guy, that doesn't change with the rest of the world reset because the evil guy is beyond time.
- The visual effects throughout the film are top tier and it really immerses you in the world(s).
- I think his origin story is great and they wrote it very well.
- The overall magic and the way they are one with nature is so cool. Especially the astral projection scenes, they sent me.
- I have always loved how the ancient one was perceived as evil by Strange, but then he grows to respect the fact that her intentions with it were for the good of other people and other dimensions.
- In the NYC Home, the coolest thing in their to me is the three doors that leads to different environments around earth with a flip of a switch.
- I feel like the main villain and ruler of the dark dimension should have been in the movie more because thats literally what they are defending the earth from.
Overall: 4 1/2 out of 5 Stars
No se porque no gano el Oscar a mejores efectos especiales si de verdad estuvo muyyy bueno, y la historia también, un superhéroe infravalorado pero que su primera película la rompió.
I think Dr. Strange is one of the best Marvel origin films, like it’s one of the kind. The film really presented Strange in the way I want him to be. Casting Benedict Cumberbatch is a great choice, he definitely has the right vibe.
7 months ago
One of my favorite marvel movies really was different and trippy visuals even though the villain is a hit generic still a great watch.
I really like this take on super hero movies, Benedict Cumberbatch is great (as always) and I especially appreciate the Universe opening up for more spiritual themes with this particular super hero.
1 year ago
I liked it, because it’s an important part of the big Marvel picture. It isn’t one of my favourites, but good.
The transformation of doctor to magical being mind bending indeed
eh it’s alright but he seems annoying as a neurosurgeon